One Year as A Sex Blogger!
Wow! Time flies, even in a year where there is seemingly so little fun to be had. It’s been just over a year since I started this blog!
It’s been an amazing experience so far. First, I had to learn how to build a website. With no prior knowledge or experience this was a daunting task. I am really glad that I put in the time. Look at all the fun I would have missed, people that I’d not have “met”, and things that I’d not have learned.
So far, I’ve published 44 posts. About a third of those have come from my readers and those are the ones I enjoy the most. I’ve had the opportunity to review sex toys, interview another sex blogger, and start a sex journal. I’ve also had the opportunity to publish a little erotica.
Along the way I’ve learned a tremendous amount about my own sexuality and I’ve gotten a tiny glimpse at some of the things that turn all of you on. I really can’t wait to learn more. I’m excited to keep pushing my own boundaries. There is always a new frontier when it comes to sex.
I wrote “met” above as I’ve never had the opportunity to meet any of you in person but I can honestly say that all of the interactions we’ve had so far have been nothing but positive and encouraging. Some of you drive me to distraction with your sexiness. Others have challenged me to look at sex from a completely different perspective. If we ever all end up in a room together…well…I can only imagine the conversations we would have. As a married blogger in a monogamous relationship the thought both excites and frightens me to no end. Stay sexy everyone!
I don’t think I can recall and list here all of the things that I’ve learned about my own sexuality. I’m not sure if it’s because I started from a place of relative naivete or if it’s just that the range of sexy stuff that is out there is so overwhelmingly vast. The only thing that’s for sure is that I certainly have learned a lot.
Among the most startling things I’ve learned:
1) I am a switch. The idea of dominating a willing sub makes me positively throb. However, the idea of serving a sexy mistress and being “rewarded” for my service is also a huge turn on.
2) I think I might be a rigger and a rope bunny. I want to be tied up and “forced” to accept pleasure from a partner and I want to be “forced” to give pleasure to her as well. Just to be clear this is consensual non-consent. Anything else would be incredibly wrong.
3) There are some really specific kinks that just jump up and grab me now and then. I really don’t know what causes that. It’s just, “Wow, that looks SO hot”, right out of the blue, for no apparent reason. I wasn’t exposed to as much sexy kink before I started blogging.
4) Audio porn is incredibly hot and can feel really personal, both in the listening and making of it.
5) There is a larger proportion of vagina owners out there that have libidos as high or higher than my own than I would have ever guessed. I’d been brought up to assume this wasn’t the case and learning it now both excites (it’s awesome you enjoy sex as much as I do) and saddens me (the likelihood I’ll ever get to experience sex with a partner like that seems small).
6) The things that turn women on about men (for those that identify that way) are radically different than what I would have guessed prior to starting this blog. As a cis gendered male that is attracted to the opposite sex I thought I had some inkling of what that attraction looked like. Turns out I was mostly wrong. The universe of turn ons in other types of relationships must be even bigger and I can’t wait to learn more.
So, what’s in store now that one year is up? Well, I recently asked some questions on The Smutlancer blog. I wanted to know what I needed to do to get more traffic to my site and where some good places might be that I could pitch in order to get some paid gigs. I also wanted to ask if there were any good habits that I should develop to help me post more regularly.
The answers I received were about what I had expected. Post regularly, use yoast, research places to pitch and make a favorites list/spreadsheet. It was good to hear from the pros that I haven’t been going about this completely wrong.
Looking at the time I have available to write I think it would be a good idea for me to follow a process where I brainstorm over the weekend, write and revise during the week, and post on Fridays. If I know I’ll be too busy to post on a Friday then I’ll post on Thursday. So, that’s my plan as far as this blog goes. You should see regular posts on Fridays in addition to the daily bit of randomness in my journal.
What kind of content?? Well, for the foreseeable future I have my one year Ten Ways posts to publish so that series should consume 5 weeks. I also have four new toys I plan to review. I’ll continue to dabble in the audio porn in my journal but if I ever feel practiced enough I might try to take it elsewhere. Otherwise, it will be a mix of erotica and blog posts as always and hopefully lots of reader submissions (PLEASE!🙏🙏).
Lastly, I’d like to contribute a lot more outside of this blog. I really do enjoy writing about sex. So much so, that I’d like to make a career of it, or at least a nice side gig. So, if you’re an editor of an erotica site or any other site that is looking for a contribution you might just be hearing from me soon. If you like my writing and you happen to read this piece feel free to drop me a note.