When I started this blog in August I began, much like many other bloggers, with visions of affiliate income pouring into my coffers. However, I had done enough research to know that it probably wouldn’t end up this way. I knew going into it that my interest in sex would be more than enough to keep me writing about it for quite a while. There were a few surprises though…
Firstly, I was very surprised by how engaging the sex blogging community can be. It’s been a delight to get to know some of you a little and I look forward to chatting with all of you much, much more in the future. The second biggest surprise was how much I have begun to learn about my own sexuality while blogging about sex. Some of the kinks I am finding myself drawn to have caught me completely off guard and I’m very much looking forward to exploring further.
2019 was a big step. I started my blog and began my first ventures into publishing erotica. Initially, this was only meant as a means to draw more visitors to my site so that I could accrue more submissions. However, the world of smut seems to have ensnared me and now I find that I want to write and post more and more erotica.
Later in the year I began a new column on my blog that I’ve named “Between the Sheets”. It was a suggestion that came to me first by way of @Nicki_Twisted. Thanks Nicki! My first interview was with the lovely Violet Fawkes. Thanks Violet! Interviewing isn’t my forte but it’s been fun to venture outside my comfort zone. We are all like individual snowflakes amassed in drifts of sexy quirks and it’s been fascinating to learn other people’s perspectives on sex.
So, where will my blog go in 2020 and what can you expect from me going forward? I’ve divided my goals between those that are personal and those that are strictly blog related. Like any passion project, some of them have become a little twisted together and reliant on one another…
Goals for me personally:
- Continue to improve my financial situation so that I can focus more effort on sex blogging and other hobby projects. Eventually I hope to make a career out of these.
- Make further progress toward my ultimate goal: Working remotely while traveling and enjoying the outdoors.
- Further explore my sexuality in all ways possible.
- As soon as I can free up the time (currently not possible), start running, lifting, and biking again. Maybe I’ll even document it this time…intriguing possibility for a daily journal.
Goals for my blog/writing:
- Find better ways to promote my site so that I can get more submissions. I’d like to average at least 5/month by the end of 2020
- Conduct at least 2 Between the Sheets Interviews per month in 2020
- Add a sex toy review section to the site.
- Enter at least two writing competitions
- Write and publish at least one book on Amazon
- Make at least $1 from blog
- Begin publishing on as many other sites as I am able to
- Dip my foot in the murky waters of audio erotica. Admittedly, this one scares the shit out of me. I’m not sure how well received my voice will be. I have an accent, but it’s not traditionally sexy like it would be if it were Spanish or Brazilian perhaps…Pick your favorite male character from the TV series Fargo and imagine his voice reading you erotica. It might sound something like:
"Yaaa she wuz screamin' real loud 'n den she wuz squirtin' ever'where don't ya know, and I was herrd as a rooock, yaaa"
But hopefully with a little more artful vocabulary and fewer "Yaaas"….
Someone talk me off this ledge or push me over… One way or the other it might at least be good for a laugh…
- Add a journal to my blog. I’m not sure what form this will take yet. Best guess at the moment….orgasm journal followed by a little bit of daily ramblings/goings on. This one will have to wait until I have a bit more time though…
- Add an “About Ten” page. It should help this blog be a little more personal, and maybe keep me out of a few awkward situations.
- Overall, just make my blog a little more personal. It’s just me here, not we, no corporate involvement…
- Continue to collaborate with other writer’s to make truly original and sexy smut. Figure out a good way to publish collaborative work.
- Do at least two guest posts on other blogs
- Add a place for readers to request story commissions other than my comments bar. I’m totally open to this but I haven’t emphasized it at all yet.
That pretty much sums it up. I think there are some realistic and actionable goals here. Your thoughts and suggestions are certainly welcome!